Words are just a representation of every day experiences and I hope to share a few of mine with you.

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Family Death

It seems the delirious minds try to assert themselves the most
Like the way dying car engines work herder to stay alive
Inevitably they die just like her feeble mind will

Right now I can't say if I would be sad about that 
Or if my innards would turn 
In the same manner as my head
Away from the scene

Pushing broken wheels only works for so long
As the spokes pierce the ground 
Leaving a trail of spite
And the splinters await innocent feet to prick
But my children will not know her 
They will not know her bleak existence
Nor will I
Not after another day of giving up

All a child wants is to be craved
In the same manner plants demand light
Unfortunately a dismal existence has been mine
Void of emotional support
Lacking in the very acknowledgment of my presence 
And the only cravings in my parents bedroom
Is wealth and weight loss

Scales become useless to eyes trained for trimming
And crying voices from the kitchen 
Take a back seat to the hands creating new belt holes

There is a family somewhere dying to become known
And there is a family somewhere having dinner 
Feasting on laughter 
There is a family somewhere surviving on each other's smiles


That family is simply not here 

Nor will it ever be    

8 comments:

  1. .. this is completely heartbreaking.... Intricately written, and beautiful, but heartbreaking :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This whole section:
    Scales become useless to eyes trained for trimming
    And crying voices from the kitchen
    Take a back seat to the hands creating new belt holes

    And then the end about the ideal family.

    Holy crap do you want to come over for dinner?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know we aren't having dinner tonight so maybe yeah

      Delete
  3. I don't know what to say. but that's a good thing.
    it makes my heart break a little, but the way you wrote this was beautiful.
    thanks for sharing your emotion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i didnt even get to watch you write last semester and i adore your blog like none other. youre my inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey. I dont know you but I want to. I want to help maybe collabaorate. Thanks so much for you compliment and never stop writing.

      Delete