Words are just a representation of every day experiences and I hope to share a few of mine with you.

Monday, February 9, 2015

Homage.

From behind the window of your cigarette butts
It's hard to focus on the pain
Focus on the pain
Focus on the pain
Focus on the pain

It's so incredibly difficult to place an I.V.
When you have got me waking like this
So please, leave me alone for two minutes
And I can help you for thirty

It's been nearly three months
Too long for anyone to be gone
And three months is most certainly not long enough to build a shrine
Or anything worthy of what he was  IS
Go ahead and try
It will crumble out of self pity

The surrealism fogs my mind
I can vaguely see my clouded judgement
Constructing a casket of its own
Soon to be layed down
The wood is a dark red
The color my fingers turn when I hold on for too long

Absent greetings and shallow eyes compose my state of being
Someone please bring a shovel
And dig out my heart, lungs, and mind, so I will know they are still there
Because I think they died when he did



Forever in my thoughts and heart
11.2.14

8 comments:

  1. I remember you performing this. And I like it now just as much as I did then. Which is a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can still picture how you said everything

    still loved it the second time

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was there when you read this, and like Morgan I pictured how you read it the first time. so good Isaac, you're brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I read this I hear you reading it.

    Your voice is so easy to remember for some reason.

    I really liked this. You can tell its really heart felt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how when I read what you write, I can feel it.
    I can feel your writing.
    and it sure is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. leave me alone for two minutes and i can help you for thirty.

    isaac you're a masterpiece

    ReplyDelete