Words are just a representation of every day experiences and I hope to share a few of mine with you.

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Soliloquy of the Single Strand

Those who listen close can hear the voices of our apparel
Soft subliminal messages from within
The interworkings of the tapestries 
Each strand helps those around us understand who their owner is

What would happen if I tried on your clothes?

If I wore numbers on my back
Kept my ankles warm with TEAM ONLY socks
Could they speak out my acceptance?
Would I then be allowed to walk safely in the commons?
Would I be allowed entrance to the v.i.p. club by the knight?
Or would my clothes hold their tongue because no matter how hard they tried to speak my insides wouldn't let them
Couldn't let them
They contradicted everything I was
I am 

Please be quiet
I'm trying to say something
I never was a loud person though
But my actions were deafening to you 
I'm sorry about that
About the cuts
The bruises 
The tears and fears
I'm sorry about the car ride I yelled at you for two hours
I'm sorry about it all 
Well I guess my clothes are more sorry than I am
After all they speak louder than I do 

4 comments:

  1. Freakin wow. I love all of it! I love the way you wrote this. Simply amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy. You shot off a bomb with that last line. I love this so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Alice,

    I had this post in my top 5 this morning, but then I took it out.

    Grrrrrrrr......

    It's so freaking good. It's still freaking good...

    I just wanted you to know. (I took a post by Carina Cooper out as well.) I'm totally digging your blog and your writing. I just wanted you to know.

    ReplyDelete