Words are just a representation of every day experiences and I hope to share a few of mine with you.

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Can We?

Can we sit by the river bed and get lost in the wrinkles of our hands?
Recounting
the stories they tell
Realizing
that some are scars and they still hurt
Reminiscing
in the memories
Reminded
that we barley made it out with our own two thumbs
Rationalizing
the fact that we stole others  emotions to patch the holes in ours

As we sat we talked
With our mouths and our minds
Our hands forming their own opinions
The duplicitous lives we have lived
A shame to their hierarchy

You watch the river pass by
Leaves and friends alike drowned in the dark abyss
I'll watch the insides of my eyelids if that's okay with you
They're a lot more understanding
The blackness no longer cold
A bold
representation of everything old
We told
them to make it what they wanted and that no mold
would cause a decay in their dreams to create a mould
of something they didn't want

I  carry my keys always
Half expecting the doors to be locked and the other half knowing it
Lets open them and run inside
Explore around while running our hands along the edges of picture frames hoping to upload those memories to our minds through our bleeding fingertips
Rushing through the blood, our veins, electrical wires
Stopped by another splinter to an already bloody patch of mangled flesh
Stopped to think
No one has ever done this
No one loves and stays

Love and leave now synonymous
So many have tried to stay and failed

Can we?


3 comments:

  1. I liked the beginning where you did a bunch of R words in between phrases. It made it sound beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I carry my keys always
    Half expecting the doors to be locked and the other half knowing it

    I love this. And I think I love it because I carry my keys everywhere too. This post is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Explore around while running our hands along the edges of picture frames hoping to upload those memories to our minds through our bleeding fingertips
    Rushing through the blood, our veins, electrical wires"

    Such a cool use of words. I can feel the emotion right from the words. Powerful stuff.

    ReplyDelete