Words are just a representation of every day experiences and I hope to share a few of mine with you.

Sunday, October 5, 2014

The Insecurities of a Boy Without Insurance

Gathered around time froze in the millions of pixels on an iPad screen
We were our cuffed pants
Our hairstyles
The ages of our clothes somehow gave us their years of wisdom
As undefined as we may have seemed
Football players in skinny jeans and eye glasses
Still smelled like their sweaty helmets
They smelled of their true nature

They had no idea
They didn't want to have any
Unsympathetic to my pain
My aches and internal blood pools
Their guns and kinfes caused

What I contributed to them wasn't mine
Their thanks tied to the inanimate
Somehow the machinery became much more intricate than I

In my bed but no sleep tonight
Not because I am a loyal servant to a blog constantly asking me to read it
Asking favors it promises to return
Never does
Sleep won't find me because of you
Because of the way you contaminated me
Tricked my brain
My thoughts tainted

You were the farmer and I was the field
You plowed me, planted me, and caused me to believe I was beautiful
But for what?
To impress the farmers society
The neighbors
Well neither of them care

In a drunken rage you set me aflame
My grounds black and scarred

Next time you ask
Or state
I will offer a supple smile
I'll look to the side
Downwards fixated on some speck of space
"It's a shame really"
" I can't say I am surprised you don't remeber"
You were there when it all happened



1 comment:

  1. this is so interesting. thanks for writing it because it made me think .

    ReplyDelete