Words are just a representation of every day experiences and I hope to share a few of mine with you.

Friday, December 19, 2014

Vertigo

I hate endings like I hate the hangnails on my every finger
Like I hate the way he looks at here with a sadistic Cheshire smile

And this night feels a bit empty 
Not only because the incongruences in word and action have let me fallow
But because my shoes don't have feet to put in them
And my socks try to comfort them but they're lonely just the same 

The solace found in pen and ink is intoxicating 
I'm addicted and the flow is coming to stop 
Eventually this dependent body is going to give 
And I am sorry but you can't help 
Because you never could

This ending is scary 
It's staying up laying in bed for two hours scary 
It's veering into oncoming traffic scary
It's white knuckles 
It's my dog listening 
It's me losing hair scary 
But I'm 17 
I shouldn't be bald

So if you all might stick around a while longer
Just for me 
I might not become so estranged to normality

And when she dies
I will die too
Because she was a great dancer 
And little did I know 
She was wrapping a rope around my heart the whole time  

9 comments: