Words are just a representation of every day experiences and I hope to share a few of mine with you.

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Fame



Throw me into the pile of dreams unfulfilling
Let me rest among each other experience that simply wasn't superior enough
Do not worry about the civilization building
Do not worry about your imminent downfall
And most of all don't worry about the bruises left on my eyes from the times I saw you stolen away 



Kick me into the snow and bury my every feature 
Frantically smother my lips in mud
Because the last thing you want to hear is the truth
But you would be better to stop your ears with pencils
You're too much of a coward for pens anyways



Roll me into the valley of suppression
Throw pebbles of angst at my skull
And watch the life drip down my spine
The one you ripped out, and I taped to my chest
You took the literal road of "I have your back"
But a cynical mind can conjure the most elaborate of alibis 
My poor frame had to be the conduit of your cruelty 



Slide me under the door and double check the bolts
No matter how many chairs and lies you press against the wood 
I'll still emerge the prominent one
Even though hate burns strong
Forgiveness burns hotter and I forged a key from all the knives you stuck in my back
I'll see you in ten



Zip me up and lock me away
But don't mind checking for holes in the body bag
Who am I kidding the last thing you doubled checked was the box next to your name
In the superlative "most likely to succeed"
You should have put on your reading glasses
Because your ignorance placed your marks the the box for "most dull"
And irony has never been more accurate 



Pick me out of your memory 
And throw every morsel in the river bank
Never swim there again because the water is deeper than you could perceive 



Lastly tighten your shoes
Because this 
This is dangerous
And if your not careful
It will claim the both of us 

3 comments:

  1. "You're too much of a coward for pens anyways"

    COWARD!!!!!!!

    Stick it to the man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot fathom what goes on inside your mind. This was so good I can scarcely find words to describe.

    just wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your words make me cry. they're beautiful and as deep as that river bank. You make me wonder where they come from

    ReplyDelete