Words are just a representation of every day experiences and I hope to share a few of mine with you.

Friday, January 2, 2015

Iron Bars, Stolen Candy Bars, And Lies


Does he fail to see the rebellion enshroud him?
I barley recognize the dark figure once my brother
The school has had enough
So has home
An exiled soul searching for solace but finds none 
Only small amounts of pleasure among late night fights 
And 2 AM trips to the back seat

Quiet halls accompany screaming minds
We're all afraid to ask about the calls
But I think we are afraid more of what they will say
It's better to know his heart is still beating, than to know how many times it has stopped 

Dreams flash red and blue 
Not because of fireworks or patriotic parades
Because blue is the color of the cold skin 
And red the color of boldly knuckles
Lips
And puddled streets 
The two together remind me of when he was driven away

It's 2 AM and the local park is lit up with 
Phone screens, I wish I could say
Or perhaps incense
But I know it's the light of a smokier substance

Tonight we made lizards from old beads in the back closet
Each weave an excruciating effort for your shaky hands
I can tell yours from mine
Not by colour
But by the stress cracks each bead carries 
I can't bear to know what causes the tremors
It's better to just call it a night 
And hope a little sleep will reinvigorate a walking corpse 

Your head is full of half empty glasses of patience 
I wish we could fix the kitchen sink
Those glasses need to be filled soon
Before you get stir crazy and kill another opportunity
Or peer

To the boy who can't find acceptance 
To the kid who never gets heard
I hear you 
And I can't sleep 

2 comments: