Words are just a representation of every day experiences and I hope to share a few of mine with you.

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

What I Want



Ubiquity in two minds that fit like nails in wood
Irrevocably close 
Constancy in the surrounding population
Like train schedules 

This train station is covered in IOU'S 
Signed with borrowed pencils
And even if you took them down their radiation shadow would remain
This environment is toxic 

Coughing up raspberries, like jam is being rationed
My raw throat wants companionship 
And so do my arms 

The floor is lined with spoons 
And the mirrors are replaced with them too 
That way it won't matter what we look like
Because we won't be able to tell
I know I look like a human being and so does 
Everyone 
Else

Everyone

Else


Serenity in acquaintanceship
And self worth to match the filters on all our posts 
I think we all need a heavy dose of rationality 
The way we tattoo status on our foreheads 
Is enough to make the neighboring states wonder how we are surviving 



Truly I don't think we are 


7 comments:

  1. This train station is covered in IOU'S
    Signed with borrowed pencils

    Perfect line. Great post. And very much so, agreed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the spoon part??? that was incredible. i can't get over the spoon part.

    you have the most beautiful mind i have ever come across. thats not an exaggeration and thats not something ive told anyone else before. you truly amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm gonna say it again-YOUR VOCABULARY KILLS ME
    and you really have a gift. The way you weave your words together is something special and idk I really just love everything you write.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really hoping you'll preform this tomorrow and I love looking up all the fancy words you use in the dictionary.

    This was a really beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you phrase things. everything is beautiful and explained in such a way that makes you think and feel. I aspire to write like you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "The way we tattoo status on our foreheads
    Is enough to make the neighboring states wonder how we are surviving." This whole post was so good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "coughing up raspberries"
    wow I like this lots. so incredible every time.

    ReplyDelete