Words are just a representation of every day experiences and I hope to share a few of mine with you.

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Reagan The Curtis

To be completely honest I have unwarranted prejudices against your blog
I just remember your posts and slams being happy
And as a teenage boy that wasn't ok
Where was the sadness, the anger, the resentment?
And now that I have more thoroughly assessed your blog I see its beauty
The magnificence in your continuous positive outlook is what makes this gold
Along with the stellar imagery you have in each poem, its amazing

Although I just spoke my adoration about the constant positivity I would like to see a bit of variation
I mean once you find a good style for yourself its gold, so don't stop
But it never hurts to experiment around
I would love to see your capabilities in other tones of writing

Your work has mad flow, its clean plumbing
Reading your pieces there weren't ever times when I thought
"ooooh that a rough verse" or "this needs revision"
It's easy to tell that you put a lot of work into your writing, and that's awesome

I love that you make this blog your own
I can tell the writing is you
It matches your persona and temperament so well, well done

The metaphors you conjure are on point
I love how some are a little far fetched too, just adds to the depth
My only critique would be to perhaps diversify your vocabulary a bit
I have always loved words and maybe you will too
Maybe you won't
Sometimes simplicity is just as powerful




Favorite lines: "Like a six minute silent phone call is everything and nothing all at once and nothing is worth everything so long as someone else will appreciate the static with you"

"Paperweights are supposed to get along with gravity
And physics never quite applied at 18"

"I forgot about the sun"
That one is my all time favorite


I hope some of this was useful
I hope none of this will be taken negatively or offensively because your blog is awesome
I love your background
Keep on writing for you and do your own style

It's what you do best


1 comment:

  1. Hey I love this. (And just barely saw it). Honestly taking it all to heart. Thanks a million cuz.

    ReplyDelete