Words are just a representation of every day experiences and I hope to share a few of mine with you.

Monday, October 20, 2014

An early onset of winter depression

When the tree leaves have fallen and the bitter cold comes around
I am going to need someone to hold my feet sure in the ground
In a season of fires and blankets to share
I wander around clueless with no emotions to bare

As the trees undress themselves barren beaches are all that's left
They stick out sore and crude like the hole in my chest
And the giants in my heart once occupied my time
Have all gone away and died leaving in my heart a black grime
Their bodies decomposing and rotten
The stench flows through the new wounds I have gotten

Through the time and temperature changes my body fails to adjust
And I too like the giants will soon turn into dust
Like the leaves on the ground and the hole in my heart
October brings about feelings of being ripped apart
At both home and at school faced by a great divide
Both parties petition me in an effort to decide

If friends were true and families molded as together
I would never have to choose between  staying inside or battling the cold weather

5 comments:

  1. I was writing a poem about depression right when I noticed that you posted this and all I can say is wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exactly how I feel. I could not have phrased it nearly as beautiful as this though.
    GORGEOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the exact same way.. your writing is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't normally like rhyming because it often sounds forced and restricting, but this flowed so well. I can also relate a lot to this post.

    ReplyDelete