Words are just a representation of every day experiences and I hope to share a few of mine with you.

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Biography



The optical spheres in your head
Generous, with the time they spend connecting to mine
I thought time wasn't taken, given, created, or destroyed
But every time you send a package the clock stops just for me










Your hands a source of vast intellect
Symbols and gestures of endless subtlety but so profound
They knew just how to position themselves
So that mine might join them in conversation when we got scared
And lonely
And happy
Tired
Sad













Fingers more careful than the hands of an angry father
The words they spell on my back reassure me I'm not completely illiterate
The way they run through the forest on my head creates a drug more potent than any handful of Advil PM
Or whatever the kids are using these days













The ways your toes cringe allow me to know your exact thought process through our most silent conversations
Inward usually means you're nervous and I hate that but it's cute too
Curling up and I know I either need to tuck you in or talk about something actually interesting










No matter how bushy your eyebrows, they tell me about all your anxieties
Each curve and contour has a story to tell
The way they dance across your face when you smile
Or keep me in check with a downward glare






Your earring racks prove so patient
I've been told I mumble
And the hearing aids I bought you don't even work
It's hard to know what I am saying through the numb lips and dull sense of humor
Somehow you've managed to dissect my dialogue and retain the most important parts











Lungs
I'm not sure if you have those anymore from all the screaming you've done
If you do I know they would be strong just like the rest of you













A wet heart reminds you it's there just as my incessant text messages and phone calls do
When your tongue dries up at night because it's allergy season
You wake up not sure if it's still there
Your wet heart provides texture in an assurance of it's residency
It provides assurance I'm not completely gone
Like brail I have left my mark on it
Both good and bad












Nosey as you are you're sense of smell is more keen than a hungry teenage boys
Smelling out my doubts and fears
Insecurities and opinions
I always thought you were a mind reader but I just haven't bought strong enough cologne to cover up my emotions











2 comments:

  1. beautiful.
    so truthful and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your writing style, but I have to admit, the spacing was distracting for me. Love your vocabulary. Here are my favorite parts in no particular order... "Toes cringe. Wet heart. Each curve and contour has a story to tell. Optical spheres in your head. The clock stops just for me."

    On second thought, forget the comment about the spacing. Keep doing you.

    ReplyDelete