Words are just a representation of every day experiences and I hope to share a few of mine with you.

Sunday, November 23, 2014

I Think I Hate You

 
 
I hate you because I can't afford a transplant
You made me take her out to the movies
And you knew that was my last penny
 
 
I hate you because you made me love her
I knew she was bad news 
But your ignorance caused you to tell me you
"felt something"
That's just adrenaline
You don't know the difference 
 
 
I hate you because you're a mousetrap
I am so careful with you 
And you bite me every time
I have the broken fingers to show for it

 
 I hate you because you make me cry and lash out
You won't tell me why you torture me
Because you're a heart
You can't talk
And that's a good thing
Because I know I would hate what you would say 
 
 
I hate you because you've hardened 
To the point where every time you pump you crack 
Break apart
And that hurts me too 
Not that you care 
 
 
I hate you because I don't understand you 
And I don't want to 
Because if I did 
Sundays would be filled with more trips to the Emergency Room 
And there would be far less pens 
 
 
I hate you because you are so distant
Always off chasing some fantasy 
And if you knew how many people have left me 
Maybe you would stick around more
And maybe I wouldn't choke you to death because of my pain 
 
 
I hate you because that's easy
And I haven't had that in a while
 
 
I hate you because it keeps me safer
 
 
I hate you because your tear smeared the ink
Now I can't read that last line
I know it was good 
 
 
I hate you so much and I wish you would hate me back 
Then we would have something to talk about
Then I could feel something from you
Then we could have one thing in common
 
 

6 comments:

  1. This is the coolest idea in the whole world. I love the responses from the heart.

    This whole thing was so real and so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "That's just adrenaline
    You don't know the difference"

    ReplyDelete
  3. the I'm sorry things.... woah girl (i hope you're a girl) hah jk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ....i cant stand how beautiful this is....just wow

    ReplyDelete
  5. Verrrrry good.

    "you're a mousetrap
    I am so careful with you
    And you bite me every time"

    #stolen

    ReplyDelete