Words are just a representation of every day experiences and I hope to share a few of mine with you.

Sunday, December 28, 2014

I Do Hear You Fight

I can tell its been a rough week 
My socks told me through their gaping holes
And my toes are raw from 
Curling
Curling 
Curling
Every time I hear them fight through the bookshelf

I never touch those novels 
Surely they are infested with every word of malice that passed through them
Each book a conduit of crude language
Each page stained with words most would regret saying
But regret is not welcomed in my sad home
Apoligies are non existent

The temperature is never right in my house 
But my thermostat works fine
Somehow it's my moms fault it's always "broken"
Perhaps if you opened your damn eyes you could see that you are wearing three jackets

Dinner isn't cooked which means the ear plugs are coming out of their box
A note on the fridge lets my "parents" know I've gone on a walk
When really, I lay down in my bed
Frantically searching my brain for every recipe I could ever remember
Remembering is hard when you purge it every night
And Bulimia is a common practice in my home
Perhaps that's the cause of the wretched smell

It's either new socks or bare feet

Too many broken 
Glasses 
Hearts 
Promises
Line the floor 
Every step would cut my tender feet
And as I get the courage to walk through it all
Walk to freedom 
I realize I am already on my way to the store
To buy more of the stupid socks 
 

6 comments:

  1. Remembering is hard when you purge it every night
    And Bulimia is a common practice in my home

    these lines really hit me, but so did the rest of the post. you create such vivid imagery in the neatest ways with your words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry though. It sounds hard at home. I felt like I should say sorry but I also don't really know how. Im just sorry you have to live with pain like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm noticing a few jokes sprinkled in with your sadness in the past few posts.

    Maybe you didn't mean it.

    I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Literally the beauty of your words but the hurt beyond them is earth shattering.. I found myself reading lines twice or three times wishing I could efface the pain..

    Amazing post, good luck, man....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I relate to this so so so much. And I'm sorry. I'm just so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my favorite one issac, this one. This one.

    ReplyDelete