Words are just a representation of every day experiences and I hope to share a few of mine with you.

Monday, May 25, 2015

Word Vomit

I feel like I am standing on the edge of a cubicle world 
And the timeline of civilization is running under my toes like a movie 
And when graduation comes into the frame 
It only reads "up to you"
"Up to you"

And I think that's what scares me most 
No matter how my life turns out it will always be only my fault and nobody else's
And that kind of pressure is enough to make the world turn round again 
The only thing about round
Is it never starts or stops 
Which means lots of time for decisions 
Lots of time for revisions 

Time is a one way deal 
And once you give it away you can never take it back
I'd say I spent my savings well on the past few years 
I'd say I made an investment 
I wouldn't trade the people 
The dances
The teachers
The classes 
Anything 
I wouldn't even trade it for a beard like Kyle and a mind like Anis 

Because sure writing is great 
And it's always there when you need it 
But the acting of the stories you tell are what really matter 
The adventures and monotonous Netflix marathons 
Whatever you do 
Do it well
And with a purpose 

Act deliberately 
---------------------


I hope at least one of you will miss me as bad as I'll miss all of you

I hope I helped at least one person

I hope 

4 comments:

  1. I've always admired you and your work Isaac. I've always looked up to you. Last year when you told me you weren't scared for the APUS test it made me feel better about it. and remember when we were tight sophomore year? that was cool. I'll miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will miss you. Sorry if it seems like I'm a stalker but your blog was awesome. Thank you for a good year full of great writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "No matter how my life turns out it will always be only my fault and nobody else's"
    preach

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im going to miss you more than you could imagine. I don't even care if that's weird. Please continue to write, if not, stay you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete